As the saying goes, kids say the darnedest things. TOT superstars are no exception to the rule! We thought it would be fun to round up some of the hilarious moments, stories and quotes our TOT stars have had over the years. Here are some submitted by TOT directors and teachers!
- “This story is from my 76 year old mother in law who is a TOT teacher for one of our preschool classes. Her students LOVE her. She is the children’s director for our church and has been for the last 20+ years. So now her former students are having children of their own, which leads us to this story. I received a phone call from a father of one of my TOT kids yesterday. While he was conversing with his daughter about how much she was enjoying TOT class, he told her that Miss Alice was once his music teacher at church. His daughter looked at him with amazement and exclaimed, ‘How could Miss Alice still be alive?’”
- “When I grow up, I’m going to have a TOT car, and a TOT house, and everything in my house is going to be TOT! And you can come over and we’ll do TOT at my house!”
- After doing a song that has them show their muscles, we ask how their muscles got so big… one boy shouts out, “God makes us strong” then the rest of the class agreed and all seven 3-year-olds started chanting it.
- One boy would say “excuse me!” during class. I’d stop teaching and ask if he had a question… His response was, ”No, just pooted.” The whole class starts laughing… we keep going… then he said excuse me again. I stop and ask if he had a question… “No! I just pooted again.”
- We had a 3 year old say that HE thought that he wanted to be a TOT teacher…what a great compliment!
- None of us have a REAL name anymore. We are simply Ms. TOT. My best friend’s grandson clarified that for her this week. She asked if he enjoyed Mrs. Rita and playing basketball with her. He had no clue who or what she was referring to, so she clarified. He then said, “Oh her name is not Mrs. Rita, MeeMee. Her name is Ms. TOT.”
- I’ve always said that sometimes I feel like the kids look at me as if I was a fairytale character – not sure if I could be real. We had just conducted a sample class at a preschool at the end of the school day. I was packing up my car when behind me I heard a child say, “Look, mom! See? There really IS a ‘Ms. TOT!’”
- I once had a TOT kid ask me if I had a job!
- The most common question I get is if “Mr. TOT,” the narrator for the music and instructions during class, is my husband.